Here's a "suggested" wedding planner for you:
Nine to Twelve Months Before
Six to Nine Months Before
- Select a wedding date and time.
- Determine the type of wedding you want, size, degree of formality, and setting.
- Notify your clergy and reserve date and time for wedding and rehearsal.
- Set a tentative budget.
- Decide how expenses will be shared.
- Shop together for wedding rings.
- Determine the size of the guest list.
- Plan reception and book reception location.
(Note: This should be booked as soon as the wedding date is set to assure availability).
- Select and book reception with Sounds Unlimited DJs: (203) 488-4252.
- Select and book caterer.
- Select and book photographer.
- Select and book videographer.
- Select and book transportation for wedding day.
- Compile names and addresses of your guests.
- Decide on your color scheme.
- Select wedding attendants, yours and his.
- Determine sizes for all attendants.
- Choose your dress and headpiece.
- Schedule fitting and delivery date.
- Choose bridesmaids' dresses and accessories.
- Start planning for your honeymoon.
- Discuss where you will live after the wedding.
- Choose music for the ceremony.
Four to Six Months Before
- Announce your engagement in the newspaper.
- Register your preferences at the bridal registries of your choice.
- Maintain records of all gifts received and send thank you notes immediately upon receipt of your gifts.
- Select florist and/or balloonist and discuss color schemes.
- Begin shopping for men's wedding attire.
Two to Three Months Before
- Start health and fitness program.
- Order invitations and other related stationery needs.
- Complete your guest list.
- Help both mothers coordinate and select their dresses.
- Ensure that all bridal attire has been ordered.
- Begin shopping for trousseau.
- Check blood test and marriage license requirements.
- Experiment with hair style and cut.
- Select baker and order wedding cake, groom's cake, and mints.
One Month Before
- Choose the men's wedding attire and reserve the right sizes.
- Start addressing invitations and announcements.
- Purchase accessories such as goblets, ring pillow, garter, candles, etc.
- Confirm all details with your hired professionals.
- Confirm ceremony details with your officiant.
- Arrange rehearsal details.
- Plan rehearsal dinner.
- Plan attendants' parties.
- Choose responsible person to attend your guest book.
- Make appointment with your hairdresser.
- Arrange accommodations for out-of-town attendants and guests.
- Finalize honeymoon plans.
Two Weeks Before
- Finish addressing invitations and mail them four weeks before the wedding.
- Get blood test and marriage license.
- Have your final dress fitting.
- Have formal bridal portrait done.
- Have final fitting for wedding attendants.
- Purchase gifts for wedding participants.
- Purchase gift for fiance.
- Complete shopping for your trousseau.
- Have attendants' parties.
- Purchase going-away outfit.
- Ensure that your accessories are in order -- toasting goblets, garter, candles, ring pillow, etc.
- Finalize rehearsal dinner details.
- Make a calendar of events for your wedding day.
- Draw a map to direct guests to the ceremony and reception sites if necessary.
One Week Before
- Finalize reception details with your entertainment.
- Finish addressing announcements to be mailed on your wedding day.
- Contact guests who have not responded.
- Pick up the wedding rings and make sure they fit properly and that engraver's inscriptions are correct.
- Meet with your photographer and give him a list of special pictures you want taken.
- Meet with videographers and give him a list of special events or people you want in the videotape.
- Continue writing thank-you notes for gifts received.
On the Wedding Day
- Provide the caterer with the total guest count and confirm all details.
- Provide your wedding party and out-of-town guests with timetables, if necessary, for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception.
- Review details of last-minute arrangements and timetables with all service
- Plan seating arrangements, if used.
- Confirm all honeymoon reservations and accommodations, pick up tickets and traveler's checks.
- Discuss the details of the reception with your host and hostess.
- Assign tasks to be done on the wedding day to your wedding party.
- Practice applying makeup and styling your hair and determine the amount of time needed to do this on your wedding day.
- Make sure you have your marriage license.
- Pick up wedding attire and make sure everything fits properly.
- Keep writing thank-you notes for gifts received.
- Pack your suitcase for your honeymoon.
- Rehearse wedding ceremony with all participants in attendance.
- Attend rehearsal dinner.
- Give the best man the officiants's fee and instruct him to deliver it on the day of the wedding.
- Get a good night's sleep the night before your wedding day.
After the Wedding
- Remain calm and try to relax.
- Don't forget to bring your wedding rings and marriage license.
- Check with florist to ensure flowers will arrive on time.
- Apply makeup and style your hair slowly.
- Start dressing 1 1/2 hours before the ceremony; the entire wedding party should be dressed and ready about two hours before the ceremony unless you have a special schedule with your photographer for pre-ceremony photos. If this is the case, be sure to communicate as to what needs to get done and when.
- Have music start before the ceremony begins.
- Have guests seated as they arrive by the groomsmen.
- Groom's parents should be seated five minutes before the ceremony begins.
- The bride's mother should be seated immediately before the processional and before the aisle runner is rolled out.
Congratulations from Sounds Unlimited DJs!
- Write and mail all thank-you notes as soon as possible.
- Tip any professionals as appropriate.
- Take care of business and legal affairs.
- Change name if necessary on records and legal documents.
If there is ANYTHING we can do to help with your planning, do not hesitate to contact us.
©1999-2012, Sounds Unlimited